Turks > youtube

Discussion about World of Warcraft.
tomme

Turks > youtube

Post#1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:19 am

Access to this web site has been suspended in accordance with decision no: 2008/55 of T.R. Ankara 12th Criminal Court of Peace.

:(
Once a whore, you're nothing more, I'm sorry that'll never change

boon
Member of Excesse

Post#2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:46 am

lol and they want to join EU.... Noobs!

painkillerww
XS Pal

Post#3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Our interior duty to arouse interest just us, we can take care of it inside.Its not EUs business so cut it out.
Gathering regrets beyond loneliness , restless lunacy release me from my agony.

boon
Member of Excesse

Post#4 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 pm

lol

tomme

Post#5 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 am

painkillerww wrote:Our interior duty to arouse interest just us, we can take care of it inside.Its not EUs business so cut it out.

siktir ibne you tube YEEEEEEEEEEEY

Nurgle

Post#6 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 am

No YouTube = NO EU, EVER.
We shall make an artificial anus.

painkillerww
XS Pal

Post#7 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:18 am

siktir ibne you tube YEEEEEEEEEEEY[/quote]

Twoja stara pierdol sie kurwa mac YEEEEEEEEEEY
Gathering regrets beyond loneliness , restless lunacy release me from my agony.

Slarys

Post#8 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:15 am

boon wrote:lol and they want to join EU.... Noobs!

dear my fellow guildmate boon aka noob, please enlighten me how did you manage to find a relation between an american website youtube and joining EU?

oh btw accept my aplologizes if there was a line in the rules such as "if you dont permit access to youtube, you wont have a chance to join EU"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Armory - Slarys
Undead Rogue ?? (Boss)

tomme

Post#9 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:04 am

painkillerww wrote:

Ne dedigin onemli degil sen lanet bi barbarsin hadi siktir git burdan

Slarys

Post#10 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:25 am

tomme wrote:
painkillerww wrote:

Ne dedigin onemli degil sen lanet bi barbarsin hadi siktir git burdan

lol n1
Armory - Slarys
Undead Rogue ?? (Boss)

Rayla
XS Pal

Post#11 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:34 am

By violating freedom of expression - one of the most important things in european culture - Turkey clearly shows how much it's different than europe. With all respect to Turks, that's not the way to join European Union.

Hons

Post#12 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 am

Slarys wrote:

dear my fellow guildmate boon aka noob, please enlighten me how did you manage to find a relation between an american website youtube and joining EU?

oh btw accept my aplologizes if there was a line in the rules such as "if you dont permit access to youtube, you wont have a chance to join EU"

just a guess on what boon meant;

-stifling content such as youtube is not freedom of expression
-freedom of expression is article 10 of the european convention of human rights
- if a regeim freely breaks human rights then they will at the very very least be excluded from membership.

Ofcourse youtube alone isnt a good enough reason, but if this is turkey we're talking about ... not exactly worlds best human rights record.
(Croatia and Macedonia i generally support in their applications, turkey not so much, if this is a Croatian block on youtube im guessing there's a better reason than "our leaders dont like it because people can criticise us there").

So yes there is a line in the rules which would exclude a country for such actions, it's several lines called the "European Convention on Human Rights" :)

boon
Member of Excesse

Post#13 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:02 am

What Hons said

tomme

Post#14 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:38 am

who needs them anyway i buy kebap for 6 zl ( 1.25 euro )

Slarys

Post#15 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:48 am

Hons wrote:
Slarys wrote:

just a guess on what boon meant;

-stifling content such as youtube is not freedom of expression
-freedom of expression is article 10 of the european convention of human rights
- if a regeim freely breaks human rights then they will at the very very least be excluded from membership.

Ofcourse youtube alone isnt a good enough reason, but if this is turkey we're talking about ... not exactly worlds best human rights record.
(Croatia and Macedonia i generally support in their applications, turkey not so much, if this is a Croatian block on youtube im guessing there's a better reason than "our leaders dont like it because people can criticise us there").

So yes there is a line in the rules which would exclude a country for such actions, it's several lines called the "European Convention on Human Rights" :)

How many times have you been in Turkey and what human rights excatly are you talking about that Turkey doesnt have? Freedom of expression?
Youtube video about Ataturk wasnt a freedom of expression. It was all about a little greek wanker making a sarcastic video about Ataturk on purpose and posting it to millions which is not acceptable by Turkey as turkish majority respects him more than anything and sensitive at this matter. So it was something also protested by turkish people. This was later agreed by Google and they removed the content anyways.

Human rights and Turkey? Afaik Turkey is the only islamic country who has democratic, laic and secular government. Human rights in Turkey is the same as in european countries for the last 8 years and they are trying to improve it every day. If human rights in Turkey was being broken then Turkey wouldnt let thousands of topless girls lieing on the beach or wouldnt let consuming liters of alcohol just because it is an islamic country.

anyways this was my last message about this topic. I usually try not to attend in to such discussions but this one sounded to me well retarded (Boon's comment that is) and couldnt resist to write. :lol:
Armory - Slarys
Undead Rogue ?? (Boss)

Return to “General Discussion”